This is absolutely hilarious and fascinating since I was 3 years old at the time and thus don't remember TV from back then.
VJ Mark Goodman looks like he's chillin' in your basement as he slowly and methodically walks you through everything single detail of The Police's 1983 American tour.
The VJ segments are so completely slow and quiet; it's such a welcome change from what we see on TV now.
Pressing news that the VJ tells us about:
- "David Gilmour is planning a solo tour. The way it looks like right now Pink Floyd is pretty much on break, if they haven't broken up all together."
- Quiet Riot are up against Michael Jackson in Friday Night Video Fights.
- Bob Dylan world premiere video next weekend.
- Call the MTV House Phone, it's a 1-900 number, but it only costs you 50 cents!
- Albums out this week: Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
- Black Sabbath tour dates have been announced. Loverboy dates in the next hour.
- Governor George Wallace has named October 29th Lionel Richie Day in Alabama (!!!)
Videos aired include Night Ranger, Huey Lewis, Prince, Sammy Hagar, Kansas, Michael Bolton, Quiet Riot, The Who, Nick Heyward. Wow.
- Vinyl compilations of what we now call yacht rock
- A sweet tape-deck for your car
- Huge boom-boxes
- MTV giving away Neil Young's pink Cadillac
- Murray bicycles
- Wrangler Jeans
- Deal Of The Century hits theaters soon
- Atari 2600 video games
- Call your cable company now to get special hardware to hear MTV in STEREO SOUND.
- And next weekend is the "nearly all-Genesis weekend on MTV!" Woohoo!